Diploma in Counselling, from a British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited counselling program (The Gestalt Centre, London). Included clinical practice working with individuals as the leading key therapist.
Level 5 Post-Qualifying Certificate in Relational Counselling from Relate, accredited by CPCAB, this 12-month professional practitioner qualification in relational counselling covers all the key aspects of couple counselling from a psychodynamic and systemic framework. Included clinical practice working with couples as the leading key therapist.
Intermediate Post Graduate Certificate in Systemic Therapy (couples, individuals and families) with the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust. This qualifying practitioner course is validated by the University of Essex and accredited by the Association of Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (AFT) – a pre-requisite to the qualifying MA in Systemic psychotherapy. Included clinical practice working with couples as the leading key therapist.
Foundation in working with clients with infertility, awarded by the British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA). I am working towards BICA accreditation. I work with couples and individuals who are having or have had fertility treatment.
An introduction to working with people with eating disorders and body dysmorphia based on a psychodynamic frame of reference. Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust – 1 year CPD cert.
Certificate in Humanistic Counselling Skills (The Gestalt Centre, London).
Foundation in Art Psychotherapy (Roehampton University). Not a qualifying course – included experiential workshops and lectures on art therapy from a Jungian perspective.
Foundation in Art Psychotherapy, British Association of Art Therapy (BAAT). Not a qualifying course.
Extensive CPD training in autism, bereavement, couples, relationships, infertility, mental health conditions, disability, Equality Act (2010), eating disorders, working with children and anxiety.
As part of the BACP ethical framework, professional CPD is an ongoing commitment. CPD is not listed above. I also have monthly supervision with a clinical supervisor.
- Accredited and registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) – MBACP (Accred),
- Member of the Association for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (AFT) – I am trained in systemic practice at intermediate level.
- Member of The Gestalt Centre,
- Member of the British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA) and I am currently registered with BICA as working towards BICA accreditation
As well as my private practice, my counselling experience includes;
- Counsellor, provided talking therapy with clients with emotional or psychological difficulties, such as stress, anxiety and depression, Health in Mind, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
- Bereavement counsellor, BARTS Health NHS Trust.
- Relationship counsellor – provided relationship counselling to couples and individuals, Relate Sussex.
- College counsellor. I managed a busy college campus counselling service and provided counselling for staff and students – Sussex.
- School counsellor across London and Sussex.
I have 20 years’ experience working in supportive roles in NHS clinical settings, higher education and community settings, with adults, young people and children with disabilities (learning disabilities, sensory disabilities, mobility disabilities, medical conditions, autism and mental health conditions). I have also worked in end of life care.
My first degree was in Art. I have a BA, upper class honours in Fine Art Painting. It was in this training that I became interested using art experientially as form of therapy as a way to express and communicate emotions and life stories. Throughout my studies I worked part time in supportive roles with vulnerable adults and children. After I graduated it was clear to me that I wanted to train as a therapist. I continued working in supportive roles with people with different backgrounds and abilities, before training as a counsellor. This experience has been extremely valuable and meaningful to me as a counsellor.
I also have 7 years’ experience working with students (including mature students) throughout their student life cycle as a Specialist Mental Health Mentor and a Specialist Autism Mentor in Higher Education. Many students I supported also had neurodiversity’s, such as ADHD and dyslexia. I also worked for many years as a Disability Advisor in a few London Universities.