Diploma in Counselling, from a British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited counselling program (The Gestalt Centre, London).
Level 5 Post-Qualifying Certificate in Relational Counselling from Relate, accredited by CPCAB, this 12-month professional practitioner qualification in relational counselling covers all the key aspects of couple counselling.
Intermediate Post Graduate Certificate in Systemic Therapy (couples, individuals and families) with the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust. This qualifying practitioner course is validated by the University of Essex and accredited by the Association of Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (AFT).
Foundation in working with clients with infertility, awarded by the British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA). I am working towards BICA accreditation. I work with couples and individuals who are having or have had fertility treatment.
Certificate in Humanistic Counselling Skills (The Gestalt Centre, London).
Foundation in Art Psychotherapy (Roehampton University) and Foundation in Art Psychotherapy, British Association of Art Therapy (BAAT). These foundations were not qualifying courses – included experiential workshops and lectures on art therapy from a Jungian perspective.
Extensive training in autism, mainly from the National Autistic Society.
As part of the BACP ethical framework, professional CPD is an ongoing commitment. CPD is not listed above. I also have monthly supervision with a clinical supervisor.
I am an accredited member of the BACP, a member of the the British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA), Association for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (AFT) and Member of the Gestalt Centre London.
As well as my private practice, my counselling experience includes;
- Counsellor, provided talking therapy with clients with emotional or psychological difficulties, such as stress, anxiety and depression, Health in Mind, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
- Bereavement counsellor, BARTS Health NHS Trust.
- Relationship counsellor – provided relationship counselling to couples and individuals, Relate Sussex.
- College counsellor. I managed a busy college campus counselling service and provided counselling for staff and students – Sussex.
- School counsellor across London and Sussex.
Other relevant experience
Mental health mentor and specialist autism mentor in London and Sussex Universities.
Disability advisor in London Universities.
Clinical setting healthcare roles in NHS